PoetsQuill Message Board logo

PoetsQuill Message Board

» Go to PoetsQuill

Photography

PoetsQuill Message Board » General Discussion » Photography
Phil Team member

On top of the world

Total Posts: 87
Link to this post Visit homepage for Phil Send an AOL Instant Message to Phil Send an ICQ Instant Message to Phil Reply To This
Is anyone else around here interested in photography (artistic or otherwise)? I know I am ...

Mostly my pictures are of trains, which happen to be something I'm very interested in. But I take pictures of other stuff, too, and every so often I try to be a little artistic.

Here are some of my favorites (in no particular order):
Looking down the tracks
Hudson River at sunset
Midtown Manhattan skyline at night
Looking down the Hudson at night
Turtle on a log
Flowers
Train at station
Train at crossing

All from my (whole) photo gallery
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:32 pm Report this post to a moderator
Ben Grader

Total Posts: 60
Link to this post Reply To This
Hi Phil, I too am interested in pics [Digital Imaging] of Steam Trains, I was out last week-end and got a couple of good shots of King Edward running a special through our local station. I also take pics to illustrate my poetry.
Don't have a website so I can't post one here.
Born and bred a country yokel
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:44 am Report this post to a moderator
Nocturne

Total Posts: 8
I love photography. It's like poetry for the eyes. I myself am a photographer (not "professionally"). I also like to manipulate photographs digitally. My favorite program to use is Photoshop. I can't say I have a favorite subject. I "shoot" whatever catches my eye.
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:53 am Report this post to a moderator
Phil Team member

On top of the world

Total Posts: 87
Link to this post Visit homepage for Phil Send an AOL Instant Message to Phil Send an ICQ Instant Message to Phil Reply To This
QuoteI also like to manipulate photographs digitally. My favorite program to use is Photoshop.

I don't really do any touch-ups in Photoshop; partly because I'm lazy, and partly because I don't know how to do very much there. I usually try to get the shot "right" when I'm taking it, so that I don't feel I have to do any manipulation to it.

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:06 am Report this post to a moderator
Lerins

Total Posts: 32
Photography has never been my thing. I have a couple of cheap 35mm cameras around somewhere, but I was never really into taking pictures of things, probably because I never felt I was any good at it, with lots of tilted photos and god-awful lighting. I haven't tried digital yet, since I can't really justify the expense of a camera I'm not likely to get much use out of.
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:27 am Report this post to a moderator
Bluesy Socrateaser

Veteran Member

Total Posts: 225
A lot has changed since these considerations.
You know Phil, I've had some connection with the railroad and I share your enthusiasm for the majestic images that one can experience and freeze in time. People like yourself that enjoy photographing the trains as they pass through crossings and along the ways are known as 'foamers' to the railheads because of the way they are so into what the rails experience every day and night. The term, as you may have guessed, refers to the foaming at the mouth every time one of them blows the whistle.
Just one of those things. :D
...Just being Bluesy
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:15 am Report this post to a moderator
PoetsQuill Message Board » General Discussion
Sent To A Friend Printable Version