PoetsQuill Message Board logo

PoetsQuill Message Board

» Go to PoetsQuill

Welcome to the NEW PoetsQuill.com!

PoetsQuill Message Board » News & Announcements » Welcome to the NEW PoetsQuill.com!
Phil Team member

On top of the world

Total Posts: 87
Link to this post Visit homepage for Phil Send an AOL Instant Message to Phil Send an ICQ Instant Message to Phil Reply To This
Hello everyone,

I'm Phil (once, I was known as LrdChaos), and this is the new PoetsQuill.com.
I tried to keep some of the look the same, so that returning members will recognize it, but at the same time, expand to allow us to do all kinds of new things.

On the technical side, the backend of the site was completely rewritten, and while there are sure to be a few kinks to work out, it seems to be working fine.

On the other side, there's content.  Most sites don't get very far without offering something, and that's where you come on.  PoetsQuill.com depends on the submissions of you, the wonderful members of this community.  From our home page, there are links to submit Poetry and Prose.  Submissions you make through those forms should be reviewed and posted in less than 24 hours, but if that's too long, you can always post your work straight to the forums here.

There will be some new features added over the next few days, and I'll keep you up to date on what's happening, as it happens.

Once again, welcome everyone and enjoy!
Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:03 am Report this post to a moderator
Poetichick

Total Posts: 13
Link to this post Visit homepage for Poetichick Reply To This
Phil~
Thank you so much for restarting Poetsquill. I want to thank you. When Poetsquill went down I was so disapointed, but now I can keep posting and get some real feedback.

Thanks again,
Poetichicky
I let no one see me cry, but the product of those tears are those poems that I share here.
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:06 am Report this post to a moderator
Paolo
I love YaBB 1G - SP1 more!

Total Posts: 6
Link to this post Visit homepage for Paolo Reply To This
[quote]Quote: from Poetichick on 9:06 pm on Jan. 28, 2004
Phil~
Thank you so much for restarting Poetsquill. I want to thank you. When Poetsquill went down I was so disapointed, but now I can keep posting and get some real feedback.

Thanks again,
Poetichicky[/quote]

Sorry, it was kind of out my hands to take it down! :o
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:36 pm Report this post to a moderator
Poetichick

Link to this post Visit homepage for Poetichick Reply To This
I understand, but I'm just glad that it's back.
I let no one see me cry, but the product of those tears are those poems that I share here.
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:37 am Report this post to a moderator
thewerewolfslady

Total Posts: 4
Link to this post Visit homepage for thewerewolfslady Send an AOL Instant Message to thewerewolfslady Reply To This
Poetsquill is back! I'm an old member, and I definitely missed it when it was down.

It's Lena, here, by the way... I think Paolo remembers me ;)

Looks terrific, and I can't wait for more members, and all of that good stuff again.
Lena Judith
http://www.geocities.com/lenajudith
Still though gently, an assembly of the heartbroken, gently broken, broken through nothing but the truth...
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:59 am Report this post to a moderator
rainrose

Link to this post Reply To This
AWESOME, i'm so happy that PQ is back up. What happened to the old one? When did this come back up? I found it by chance when an old friend mentioned it last night. It's a bit barren right now... I'll have to scrounge up some old members.. :)
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more.
Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:28 am Report this post to a moderator
Michael Team member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Posts: 26
Link to this post Visit homepage for Michael Send an ICQ Instant Message to Michael Reply To This
I think something happened to the old server it was on, or maybe it was something to do with the domain. I forget exactly...
Michael Merritt
AgoroDex Network Network Administrator
Feel free to PM if you find problems with or have questions about this or any AgoroDex Network site.
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:49 am Report this post to a moderator
Phil Team member

On top of the world

Total Posts: 87
Link to this post Visit homepage for Phil Send an AOL Instant Message to Phil Send an ICQ Instant Message to Phil Reply To This
I forget what it was that happened. I think Paolo missed renewing the domain registration or something, and it was picked up by one of those automated services that scoops up domains that just expired.
What I do know is that he wanted to get the site back up, but at some point (and this was a few years ago) he lost his backup of all the site data.
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:22 am Report this post to a moderator
Bluesy Socrateaser

Veteran Member

Total Posts: 225
It was bad for many who never stored their writings on anything but the 'quill. As Max, I lost some, but not many because while some poetry of mine was written on the sites' pages, most was handwritten before I posted or in a Wordpad document. That was a long time ago now, and while poetsquill never quite recovered from those times, most of us did and subsequently 'got over it'.
...Just being Bluesy
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:05 am Report this post to a moderator
Lonny

Total Posts: 4
Link to this post Visit homepage for Lonny Reply To This
Wow! This is a very strange place indeed! Some of the dates on these posts are truly ancient! What happened here? I can't imagine all the activity that once graced this site. I started a site in a rather obscure location and have yet to have any visitors, but it's not quite like this one where there apparently was a great deal of activity at one time.

Is there really no one out there?

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:25 pm Report this post to a moderator
Bluesy Socrateaser

Veteran Member

Wow is right! It's been a couple years more for me Lonny. Since you didn't leave a link, I wouldn't know if you made a "go" of it or not.

Well, I guess I'll leave you with one of my favorite things to do with my old friend "Lord Pineapple" in mind. I know he'd be here if he could,just to wrestle with Bluesy once more...if nothing else.

Deep within my mind
Your memory lay resting
Peace has come at last

Best from Bluesy....
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:31 pm Report this post to a moderator
N_i_C_o_L_e

Total Posts: 11
Link to this post Send an AOL Instant Message to N_i_C_o_L_e Reply To This
I just registered, so I thought I'd stop in and say hello. I'm wondering, if by chance, Mr. Socrateaser... would you happen to be the same Bluesy that once graced the pages of the now extinct poetryboard.com? It was back in the early 2000's or maybe late 90's, but that name is hard to forget.
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:05 am Report this post to a moderator
Bluesy Socrateaser

Veteran Member

Hi Nicole (N_i_C_o_L_e),

The amazement of your post Nicole, is still settling in. Not because of the ghosts here, but because this place floats far and away from any sight of "land".

'Tis I, Bluesy, recalling poetryboard with great fondness. The conflicts and the fun made it so interesting during its short life. Thomas may have felt his "PB" had failed him because the personalities became more conspicuous than the poetry. Apparently, you were there so perhaps your recollections are similar to my own.

In any case, it's nice to know that someone out there like yourself remembers me.

Drop a post when you can.

Best always from Bluesy
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:51 am Report this post to a moderator
N_i_C_o_L_e

Total Posts: 11
Link to this post Send an AOL Instant Message to N_i_C_o_L_e Reply To This
It is rather exciting to hear from an old colleague, it has really been a very long time! I didn't notice how dusty this site was before I started to post here. I am quite sad that I haven't been able to find a forum that's as bustling as the old PB,(and all the personalities that populated it) but I have recently started posting at another site. It's always inspiring to converse with fellow writers! :D
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:50 pm Report this post to a moderator
Bluesy Socrateaser

Veteran Member

Happy Trails" Nicole...Until we meet again!

...Best from Bluesy
...Just being Bluesy
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:51 am Report this post to a moderator
PoetsQuill Message Board » News & Announcements
Sent To A Friend Printable Version