PoetsQuill Message Board logo

PoetsQuill Message Board

» Go to PoetsQuill

Getting inspired and motivated

PoetsQuill Message Board » Prose Discussion » Getting inspired and motivated
Phil Team member

On top of the world

Total Posts: 87
Link to this post Visit homepage for Phil Send an AOL Instant Message to Phil Send an ICQ Instant Message to Phil Reply To This
Lately, I've sort of had the desire to write, except for the two seemingly insurmountable hurdles I've run into: inspiration and motivation. I've had a few random ideas for things to write come floating in and out of my head, but I'm still not sure what I want to write about, and how to plan it out.
I've also found that it's hard to motivate myself to put the time and effort into coming up with a good idea and building a story idea around it, or even just putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard).

What are some of the solutions that you've come up with to deal with these sorts of problems? Any advice is definitely appreciated.
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:09 pm Report this post to a moderator
Lerins

Total Posts: 32
Link to this post Reply To This
Well, everyone's different, so what works for one person may not work for another. Personally, I can't force myself to write anything; I've tried setting aside blocks of time for writing, and end up tearing my hair out in frustration. The urge to write is pretty spontaneous for me; I haven't found any thing (or set of things) that "puts me in the mood," it just happens and I start writing.
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:29 am Report this post to a moderator
Bluesy Socrateaser

Veteran Member

Total Posts: 225
QuoteI haven't found any thing (or set of things) that "puts me in the mood," it just happens and I start writing.

That's about right. You really could write about anything. You need not wait for divine intervention. Just write, even about your lack of inspiration and motivation. Perhaps you suffer from the proverbial "writer's block". Well, you could write about not being able to write...right?
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:21 am Report this post to a moderator
N_i_C_o_L_e

Total Posts: 11
Link to this post Send an AOL Instant Message to N_i_C_o_L_e Reply To This
I've made the mistake of not writting for a long period of the time. It was partly because of my lack of inspiration, and partly due to lack of time. I suffered horribly from my withdrawls, I agree with Bluesy, if you have nothing to write about, write about that. Something is better than nothing. Me without my writing, is like me without meds, the world is a better place when I'm on it! ;)
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:47 pm Report this post to a moderator
Bluesy Socrateaser

Veteran Member

Total Posts: 225
QuoteMe without my writing, is like me without meds, the world is a better place when I'm on it! ;)

Love it! 8)
...Just being Bluesy
Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:20 am Report this post to a moderator
PoetsQuill Message Board » Prose Discussion
Sent To A Friend Printable Version